WATCONNECT® Data Insights Package for L/XL Control Panels
Maximize system uptime, yield, and reliability with our powerful Data Insights Package.We analyze your WATCONNECT® control panel data to identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency. Receive a comprehensive quarterly thermal system report, providing valuable insights and actionable recommendations. Seamlessly integrated into your panel, our monitoring capability has zero impact on system footprint. Your data remains secure with a read-only connection to the cloud via cellular connectivity.
What will Watlow® deliver?
- Review and analysis of the data conducted by a data scientist and thermal system expert.
- Comprehensive quarterly thermal system report showing time series, graphics, statistical data, anomalies.
- Executive summary including insights and recommendations for system improvement.
- Collaborative touchpoints, engineer-to-engineer, to review the data and develop context.
What analysis is included?
Power and temperature controller health
- Prevent unplanned downtime and perform maintenance as-needed by ensuring basic functionality of system components.
Failed element detection
- Prevent unplanned downtime, pre-order replacement elements and schedule maintenance activities in advice.
Process continuity (process drift)
- Improve system reliability by monitoring process drift over time; this gives visibility to changes in the system that can prompt maintenance activities to avoid unplanned downtime.
Environmental controls within the panel (optional)
- Monitoring panel environmental data to alert to changes in environmental conditions that could lead to a failure.
Optically decoupled monitoring of field wiring terminals (optional)
- Extended system life and optimized maintenance schedules by monitoring terminal temperature to determine when maintenance is needed to tighten the terminals.
What data will be collected?
- Power, current, voltage
- SCR/Controller alarms
- Process values
- Set point
- Panel environmental data and wiring terminal temperatures (based on panel configuration)
How will the data be collected?
- The panel will include a Eurotech cellular gateway device, to pull data from controllers via Modbus® TCP/Modbus® RTU.
- Data will be aggregated and send it to the secured cloud via one-way only MQTT communications; a differential cellular network connection enabled through two antennae installed on top of the panel.
- The device follows EN62368-1:2014 safety standards and is rated for both RED (EU wireless comms) and FCC/ISED (NA wireless comms)
Will my system remain secure?
The connected panel protects the customer control system by limiting communications to read-only access; the operation of the data monitoring system will have no effect on the performance of the thermal system; our IoT architecture has been designed with cybersecurity in mind.
Protection at the device level with Eurotech's RELIAGATE10-14 gateway
- Adheres to IEC 62443-4-1/2 cybersecurity standard and PSA Level 1 certification
- Compliant with California SB-327 password law
- Hardware support for TPM 2.0, Secure Boot
- Always-on physical anti-tampering monitor/logger that is active even when system is removed form power
End-to-end encrypted connection between device and Azure IoT Hub
- One-way only communication to the cloud, no access to write control parameters
- Data encrypted using SHA-256 encryption
- SSL/TLS certificate for Device to Cloud connection
Secured and encrypted data throughout Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- SAML authentication on cloud architecture
- User authentication required at all end points with limited access and dedicated administrative accounts
- Private end point database
- AES-256 encrypted data storage