RMA PLUS Remote Access Module
Watlow’s new RMA PLUS remote access module supports Watlow’s powerful EZ-ZONE® RM temperature controller family by communicating with and providing access to all EZ-ZONE RM modules in a system.
EZ-ZONE RMA users have had to spend more time than desired to connect their entire system. Now the RMA PLUS offers standard state-of-the-art connectivity from the device to the entire system. Real-time communication is possible via a built-in Ethernet switch or USB. Users can also connect to third-party and legacy devices because the RMA PLUS acts as a gateway between Modbus® TCP and Modbus® RTU.
The device comes standard with a built-in managed Ethernet switch with two Ethernet jacks. Up to three Modbus® TCP sessions, three Watbus over Ethernet sessions and one Watbus over USB session is available in a single device.
Users can also log up to 16 gigabytes of data standard or upgrade to a maximum of 32 gigabytes. Configuration and data logs are available as Windows® files so they can be easily accessed. In addition, discovery and transfer speeds have gone from minutes with the legacy EZ-ZONE RMA to just seconds with the RMA PLUS.
Because the RMA PLUS is an essential component of the EZ-ZONE RM family, users receive all the benefits and support of working with Watlow®.
Features and Benefits
Plug and play access to EZ-ZONE RM family
• Integrates easily into existing systems
Built-in Ethernet switch
• Eliminates the need to provide a switch for small systems
• Offers port mirroring for troubleshooting
• Protects from broadcast and multicast storms
Integrated USB connection
• Provides easy connection from PC with no converter
• Ensures real-time communication from software packages
Modbus® TCP and Modbus® RTU
• Allows users to build tables based on individual needs
• Connects to third-party and legacy devices
• Offers users the opportunity to log any data point in the system